Saturday, January 22, 2005

Stuff du jour

ca. 06:30 this morning, I set out to exercise. The temperature in my driveway was 0 degrees fahrenheit. As I drove toward White Plains, the temperature dipped for a while to -1, and then, as I got nearer to North White Plains, it rose a bit above zero (it was 4 degrees in Whate Plains @ 06:50AM).

My 2nd line manager gave me a US$10 gift certificate to Borders Book Stores for Xmas. I recently got a 25% off one item coupon from Borders in my email. There is a Borders less than a block from where I work. Yesterday (Friday, 21 Jan), I determined to buy *something* to use the certificate and the coupon. The day before, I had gone thru the store and found nothing to buy. But one "graphic novel" had sort of caught my eye: "Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth". ["Graphic novels" somehow have been attracting me, recently, "as an idea", although I was not succeeding in finding one that actualized my hopes for them and I didn't know clearly enough what I hoped for to make it for myself....]

"Jimmy Corrigan...." was still there Friday. I bought it. It looks interesting, although my presbyopia [aging eyes...] has gotten bad enough that I'm having trouble reading the small print and the low-color contrast print. [I have reading glasses which I leave at work, but now I'll have to keep them with me to be able to read this book...].

More on "Jimmy Corrigan...", to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home